Undergraduate Scholarships in Geography and Atmospheric Science
The Department of Geography and Atmospheric Science has the following undergraduate scholarships available. Please apply by March 15, 2018 for consideration:
- Kollmorgen – General Geography
- Jenks – Cartography/GIS
- Bohnstengel – Atmospheric Science
- Joe Eagleman – Atmospheric Science
Please review the full process before submitting materials.
Students only need to submit one application to be eligible for any of the department scholarships. The number and dollar amount of awards varies annually, depending on funding availability. Applications from women, minorities, students with disabilities, and other underrepresented students are strongly encouraged.
- Scholarship applications open in February 2018
- Applications are due March 15, 2018
- Selections will be made by mid-April 2018
- A minimum of two semesters at KU
- 3.0 or higher GPA
- Must be pursuing a degree in Geography or Atmospheric Science
- Full-time Student
Selection criteria depend on the scholarship, which may include one or more of the following:
- Course performance
- Contribution to the department and fellow students (e.g. leadership in student organization)
- Originality and independence displayed in an undergrad research project
- Completion of the application form (see below)
- A one-page statement discussing your specific interests including career goals, activity in any academic organizations, projects, awards, your most important attributes and achievements that you believe qualify you for a scholarship, or other relevant information.
- Unofficial transcript
- Names of references
UNDERGRADUATE SCHOLARSHIP APPLICATION FORM
This form is not currently interactive. Please print out the form, fill it out and submit it, along with the other required materials, to the Department of Geography and Atmospheric Science, in the Lindley Hall Welcome Center, room 215, Lindley Hall, by March 15, 2018.